Monday, February 25, 2008

Thing #16 Wikis

How do you spell collabration? WIKIS

This is an awesome way for a group to organize a party, shower or even a lesson. I really liked the video clip showing how easy wikis are to use for collabration. This might even take the place of meetings how about that! Thinking back to all the planning meetings that I have gone to for school, church or social events wow this could have saved so much time and lots of trees. One thing that I worked on at church before moving to Houston was our 100 year church history anniversary. We were always meeting to check off what had been taken care and a wiki could have been a lot quicker way to manage all of the planning.

I used Wikipedia with students and they like it. I am not sure that they really understand what all they can do with it but that will come.

I did look at most of the wiki blogs and saw lots of interesting things happening. The book lover wiki gave me some thought on developing a book club wiki with junior high students. I spent time looking at the library designed wikis and wow there is lots of information out there. I looked at atomic learning pb wiki workshop because I love atomic learning. I think it is one of the best tools that we have to offer in our school district.

No comments: