Thursday, July 2, 2009

THING #6 iTouch Apps





I think it is was cool that there were apps for all the core classes plus everything else offered at school. I read an article and Steve Jobs refered to the iPhone as mobil learning and that is what all of this is about. Another article talked about a school giving iPods to all the students and teachers to use. The article was very positive. It talked about students need to thrive in the world that they find themselves in. Students are not passive observer learners anymore but participants. An example was used that they do not need to know the date of a battle but how to google and know it within seconds.

I understand that everything is at your finger tips and right now I am a wannabe.

Okay I have spent some time with an iPod, iTouch, iPhone and WOW. I kinda seem to be all over the place with this one, as usual! I have played with, read articles and now all that is left is for me to buy an iPhone.

2 comments:

VWB said...

do you think there are going to be Apps issues with the library Itouches that will be used by lots of people at different times vs an Itouch that is used by one person only?

P.S. I'm like you...thinking I might need to switch to an Iphone...such decisions, decisions!

BIG RED said...

Issues, yes, that is one of the reasons I have put off buying the iPhone because of the iTouch apps. Actually I think I will go to the phone place and see what all they have to say about it. My orginial thought was to wait until I get the school iTouches and then go from there. That might still be the best plan!???